Top Ten

Here are TV characters with whom I would like to have an americano or beer.  I tried to narrow it down to 10 characters and had to settle instead on 10 shows (in no particular order):

1. Josh Lyman, President Barlet, Leo McGarry and CJ Cregg (The West Wing).  I could go on and on for my reasons why, but suffice it to say my interest (and idealism) regarding politics makes me so excited at the idea of sitting around the table (or the Oval Office) with these people.

2. Dan Rydell (Sports Night) – Yes, another Aaron Sorkin character.  Dan is funny and thoughtful and knows a lot about sports and friendship. I could learn a lot from this guy, and would really enjoy the conversation

3. Leslie Knope (Parks & Recreation): We could talk about how great Pawnee/Muncie is. And I am dying to hear about her encounter with Joe Biden.  Of course, we would chat over waffles.

4. Starbuck/Kara (Battlestar Galactica): No spoilers here. I’ll just say it would be a fascinating conversation. I have SO many questions.

5. Dwight Schrute (The Office):  I would love to talk with him about beets, bears, and Battlestar Galactica. I'd also like to help him plan some pranks against Jim.

6. Niles, Marty & Frasier Crane (Frasier): Niles and Frasier would drink sherry.  I would drink a beer with Marty.  And I would mostly enjoy watching them interact and would probably say very little.

7. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development): I love Lucille so much I named my wireless network after her.  She is probably one of my favorite characters ever.  I can only hope Gene Parmesan would make an appearance.

8. Roger Sterling & Peggy Olsen (Mad Men): Roger - Mostly because he is a silver fox.  I would love to pick Peggy’s brain about her experience as a woman executive at SCDP – and to share with her how much better it is for women in the workplace now, thanks to women like her.

9. Coach Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights): I would want him to teach me about effective leadership.
Clear Eyes. Full Heart. Can’t Lose.

10. Sawyer (Lost): I have a lot of questions about the island. And I wouldn’t mind having him call me Freckles.


Honorable mentions: I love these characters, but they all frighten me too much to spend quality time with them.

Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Betty Draper (Mad Men)
Benjamin Linus (Lost)

Who would make your list? Who did I miss?

Comments

  1. hmmm. who would i like to sit down with...let's see. love the cop show...and i can't remember the name, but the head guy is Greg and the tall guy with the shaved head (or is he bald.)
    Oh, and the people from Criminal Intent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - somehow missed this! Thanks for responding. It's fun to think about, isn't it? I hope your recovery is going well :) xoxoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Aunt

Angst and Questions

Manners Matter - Even in the Morning