Love Actually is All Around

I was falling asleep last night and the intro to Love Actually was running through my mind. Chick flick? Yes. But the intro is worth watching. It is a simple concept. Love actually is all around.  As I've been contemplating the start of a new year, I've been challenged to really live that concept. We are in the season of Epiphany on the church calendar. It is a season to remind us that miracles of love happen all around us. In the mundane. In the ordinary. Jesus was born while his parents were traveling for the census. (Pregnant. And on a donkey.)   Mary gave birth in a manger, with livestock around witnessing this miracle. Miracles of love happen in the most unexpected ways in the most unexpected places. Love actually is all around.

I am reading Fall of Giants and was reminded again of this concept from the character Billy. I haven't finished the book yet, but one story in the first chapter really touched me. Follett is a brilliant writer, so I'll let you read his words instead of summarizing it for you (the story I'm referring to is pages 20-24. But you should read the whole chapter And then go read the whole book!). The story of this little boy inspired me. Instead of giving into fear and anger, he chose love.

So my goal for this year is to look for love in my life. Not negativity and drama. Not bad news and anger.  All of these things are so prevalent and easy to find. But sometimes you really need to look hard to see love. I'll be sharing some of those stories here on the blog as I remember to do so. I'd love to hear your stories too!

Also, just for fun, you should watch this other great scene from Love Actually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Aunt

Angst and Questions

Manners Matter - Even in the Morning